£140 to help towards your energy bill this winter
What is the Warm Home Discount?
If you are eligible you could get £140 towards the cost of your energy this winter.
There are two ways that you can qualify:
1. The Core Group
2. The Broader Group
Core GroupIf you were an Avro Energy electricity customer on 4th July 2021 and also in receipt of the Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit then you are eligible for the Core Group.
Core Group customers do not need to apply. Instead, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will send you a letter between October – December 2021 to let you know what to do next.
If you don’t meet the criteria for the Core Group then you may be eligible for the Broader Group.
Broader Group - Opening for applications soonThe Broader Group allows us to help even more of our customers each year.
Eligible customers must apply for the Broader Group and we may ask you to provide documentary evidence to support your application.
Rebates will be awarded to eligible applicants on a first come first served basis.
Broader Group Eligibility CriteriaTo be eligible to apply for the Broader Group, the Avro account holder or their partner must meet at least one criteria in Section A below and at least one criteria in Section B.
- In receipt of the Savings Element of State Pension Credit only
- In receipt of Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- In receipt of Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance
- In receipt of Income Support
- In receipt of Universal Credit and has earned income between zero and £1,349 in at least one of the twelve preceding assessment periods
- In receipt of a Council Tax Reduction (excludes 25% single occupancy discount)
- In receipt of Child Tax Credit by virtue of an award based on an annual income not exceeding £16,190
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit with an annual gross household income of £16,190 of less
- An annual gross household income of £16,190 or less
- Child permanently living in the property who is aged 5 years of under
- Child permanently living in the property who is aged between 6 and 18 years and is in full time education
- Aged over 64
- In receipt of a Disabled Worker Element or Severe Disability Element, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Carer’s Allowance or Attendance Allowance
- Hold a valid Maternity Exemption (MATEX) Certificate
- Hold a valid Medical Exemption (MEDEX) Card
- In receipt of the work related activity or support component of Employment Support Allowance
- In receipt of the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
Further details about our Broader Group scheme will be available here soon.